Everybody has insects in their home at one time or another in their lives. Some are easier to get rid of than others. Calling in a bug terminator company, generally means you are most likely to find a long-lasting solution, rather than simply spraying a little insecticide yourself.
Wasps nests can be handled easily if they are in the ground. It is simple enough to see where the wasps are entering into the soil. Then you just buy a puffer bottle of powder from the hardware shop, squirt it around the nest entrance and the wasps carry it in. What if the nest is up a tree, or under the roofing system of the house. Do you really wish to be up a ladder being stung by countless upset wasps?
Forget it and call in the local professional exterminators.
Ants are a pain in many houses. Finding the nest and pouring boiling water onto it might be really satisfying, but it will not eliminate more than a few thousands of the countless ants in the nest.
Finding termites can be hard, yet locating where they lie is absolutely necessary to choose the right termite eliminator program. The traditional method is to tap on the wood with the back of a screw driver, or to poke holes into the walls or even pull them apart.
Most of our termite inspectors now have the use of up to the minute infrared termite detection system, which is fast, reliable and does not require any damage to your house.
Your local pest control company is extremely discreet and can be contacted over the Internet, so your neighbours need not know that you have unwelcome visitors. After all, it's not the type of thing anybody likes to promote.
So you have studied everything about bed bugs and have first hand everyday experience of what they look like and what their bites are like. Now you are one step away from getting qualified help but how do you select the right bed bug exterminator?
The internet has made this quest easier. Very often you do not need to even leave your chair to get dozens of companies and telephone numbers. However, if you want to get rid of the bed bugs, there is some important information that you will need to know before and not after workers start treating your infested house.
I will provide you a list of questions that you should ask companies that provide pest management services. A confident and certified exterminator company will be glad to answer all your questions, address your concerns and develop a strategy specifically for your case. Here are the questions:
1. Do they have references of the people whose premises they have cleaned of namely bed bug infestation? It is probably the most important question as it will give you information from the third party about practical skills and experience of the company.
2. Do they have a full license? License is, in a way, another third party reference but from a qualified and accredited source. If the company has no license you should be ware of them and whatever their other answers are, I would recommend finding somebody with a license.
3. Do they have all needed insurance: like public liability and professional indemnity? Obviously, you want to find someone who has both of them.
4. What is their experience in the business? If they have been working in extermination for several months, let them learn and gain experience in somebody else and not your house. You need a company with at least years of experience and good track record.
5. What is their standard procedure? You have probably studied enough by now to know that there should be an integrated approach and strategy to extermination and not just random spraying of questionable identified insecticides.
6. Do they include you in their plan? They should do it. There is some due preparation for treatment that can be done only by you. Any professional exterminator should give proper recognition to the important stage of pre-treatment. You will have to wash up clothes and clean the places that have been contaminated by the insect infestation. If the prospective provider neglects your participation and all these important measures, contact a better one.
7. What do they guarantee? Some guarantee is due but no one can guarantee a 100% effectiveness of the methods they use because bed bug infestation is difficult to handle even by experienced and fully equipped exterminators.
Answers to these questions will help you get a better understanding of how the candidate operates and see whether they will indeed be able to handle your case. After all you want somebody who will deliver the best services. These people will go inside you house and you need to be sure of who you choose.